PS audio Ultimate Outlet owners - help?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Gere, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Paul Gere

Paul Gere Second Unit

For my HT rig, I use a Niles IPC-12 power conditioner/ switcher and I love it. That said, I don't connect my amps through it (they're connected directly to the wall outlet).

I am considering adding a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet for my amps to clean up the AC from the wall and provide a sense of security for my investments.

My amps are Parasound HCA 2200 MkII (250w x 2) and a Parasound HCA 2205 (220w x 5).

I guess it's a given that I should get the (seemingly highly-recommended) 20 amp Ultimate outlet, but I'm wondering a couple of things...

These questions will sound stupid (please resist the temptation to flame the dumb guy), but to connect to the 20A version, do I need special cords/plugs for my amps or will the cords that came with them be OK? Equally stupid, I assume the 20A will connect to a standard (hospital grade, in my case) wall receptacle without need of a specific cord?

I'm thinking I should be fine with the standard-type plugs/outlet on both my cables and wall outlet.

can somebody please help me answer this and provide me with some feedback on my plan?

Thanks for your patience and input,
    -Paul

2. RussKon

RussKon Stunt Coordinator

all 20a power conditioners use a 20 amp plug. one of the blades on the plug is horizontal.

if your amps are plugged into a 15 amp circuit right now, why are you looking for a 20 amp power conditioner?

unless you rewire your house with a 20 amp circuit, the 20 amp conditioner is overkill.....

additionally, if you cut off the 20amp plug and replace it with a standard 15 amp plug you will void the warrantee...

3. MichaelBJ

MichaelBJ Auditioning

Paul,
    You should e-mail Paul at PS Audio and he'll have the answers you need. He has a forum at www.audioasylum.com that he checks frequently. Good luck, Michael

4. Paul Gere

Paul Gere Second Unit

Thanks, Guys!
    So if I get the 15A high current, does it have the standard blades/plug or with one horizontal (as described by RussKon below?

I'll also try the email/thread suggestions.

Thanks again!
    -Paul

5. RussKon

RussKon Stunt Coordinator

Paul,

a 15amp version will have a standard plug

Russ