1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

PS Audio Power Port...I hear the difference!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ron Reda, May 7, 2002.

1. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

I just upgraded from a crappy ol' $0.89 duplex (that my HT's power strip is plugged into) to a PS Audio Power Port and, WOW, what a difference it made! It seems to me that my system is playing cleaner/clearer than before. Could this be due to (A) a lower noise floor, (B) a tighter connection between my power strip and the Power Port, or (C) both? Being that I am somewhat skeptical about some of the upgrades floating around (this one made sense to me), I had my fiance take a listen. Even she agreed that the sound is cleaner. The Power Port also helped out with a nasty little ground loop hum that had been plaguing my system. It seems to still be there, but is way less pronounced than before. The only way I hear it now is by putting my ear up to the speaker. Here's an entusiastic [​IMG] to PS Audio!!!

2. HankM

HankM Second Unit

I have two of these as well. It was part of my big PS Audio upgrade. I never heard the Power Port on it's own in my system because every other PS Audio piece was installed together. When I heard everything as a system, WOW, what a difference. I don't know how I lived with my Monster HTS-5000 powering my system.

PS Audio P300 Power Plant

PS Audio Ultimate Outlet (high-current version)

PS Audio Power Ports (2)