PS Audio or Monster Power

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
Which would you prefer the PS Audio power director or the Monster Power AVS 2000? Are there others? Are these even the same kind of products? Thanks, Jason

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Jason,
both units sell for @ $1200, as you see.
Monster AVS2000 claims it is NOT a surge protector and needs separate plug-in unit.click here
PSAudio Director claims surge suppression, but I see they dont make a big deal about this feature in their specs.
Depends where you want to go in the world of surge suppression up to the separate category of "power conditioning."
Truth-in-posting: I do not own either unit.

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
My ultimate goal would be to find a product that allowed me to plug in all my devices, approx 10, and give me the protection from surge that I need as well as clean power.

Jason

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Jason,
Here's two approaches.
Using MOV technology (unit designed to FAIL and be replaced under massive surges) there's TippLite ISOBAR12 rackmount style (1200 Joule) for $91.CLICK HERE
For longer-lasting no MOVs, there's the Brickwall PWRM15AUD ($359) and so-amp version PWRM20AUD ($379). Here
Both perfectly adequate surge protectors, also incorporating some AC line noise filters for RF/EMI.

HankM

Second Unit
I use a PS Audio P300 Power Plant along with a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet. This combo is killer. My system opened up quite a bit. The PD is really 12 UO's. I would try a PS Audio power product over Monster first. Go to psaudio.com and find out about a in home try out.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ab1979