PS Audio or Monster Power

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Caudill, May 2, 2002.

1. Jason Caudill

Jason Caudill Stunt Coordinator

Which would you prefer the PS Audio power director or the Monster Power AVS 2000? Are there others? Are these even the same kind of products? Thanks, Jason

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Jason,
    both units sell for @ $1200, as you see.
    Monster AVS2000 claims it is NOT a surge protector and needs separate plug-in unit.click here
    PSAudio Director claims surge suppression, but I see they dont make a big deal about this feature in their specs.
    Depends where you want to go in the world of surge suppression up to the separate category of "power conditioning."
    Truth-in-posting: I do not own either unit.

3. Mike Matheson

Mike Matheson Second Unit

Jason,

What features are you looking for in one of these products?

4. Jason Caudill

Jason Caudill Stunt Coordinator

My ultimate goal would be to find a product that allowed me to plug in all my devices, approx 10, and give me the protection from surge that I need as well as clean power.

Jason

5. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Jason,
    Here's two approaches.
    Using MOV technology (unit designed to FAIL and be replaced under massive surges) there's TippLite ISOBAR12 rackmount style (1200 Joule) for $91.CLICK HERE
    For longer-lasting no MOVs, there's the Brickwall PWRM15AUD ($359) and so-amp version PWRM20AUD ($379). Here
    Both perfectly adequate surge protectors, also incorporating some AC line noise filters for RF/EMI.

6. HankM

HankM Second Unit

I use a PS Audio P300 Power Plant along with a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet. This combo is killer. My system opened up quite a bit. The PD is really 12 UO's. I would try a PS Audio power product over Monster first. Go to psaudio.com and find out about a in home try out.