What's new

PS 4 Bluetooth controller range (1 Viewer)

sslangs

Auditioning
Real Name
scott
New to the forum, Lots of good information sharing here. Great resource:

I'm relocating my PS4 (all other gear as well) to a closet in my spare bedroom. My question is about the range of the PS4 Bluetooth. The distance from the controller to the PS4 unit will be aprox. 20 feet. My may concern is this: Will the blue tooth signal pass through the enclosed closet (no insulation in the wall). The front of the controller will be facing the opposite direction of the PS4 (another words the closet is behind where I will will be setting). I'm mounting my TV above my fireplace and I want to relocate all gear to the bedroom closet. What do you think? is this possible? Will I need some extra gear to accomplish this? Again thank you for the help.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I never got the whole "TV over the fireplace" thing. It can't be good for the TV if you ever use the fireplace.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It depends, but usually the heat from the fireplace goes far enough away from the TV to do too much damage. But that's still very different from putting a console in a small enclosed space. Just having a game system in a cabinet that covers it on 5 sides (top, bottom, left, right, behind) is bad enough.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
On top of that, there's the fact that putting the set above the fireplace generally means a choice between craning your neck or sitting too far away!

sslangs

Auditioning
Real Name
scott
Thanks for the input. Any ideas on solving the over heating problem? I will be about 12 feet from the TV (75" led). Im mounting the TV to a full articulating arm. The TV can turn left to right. Also can tilt down considerably. The harth above the fire place is about a foot deep. The TV would be about 3 feet above the fire place open, plus the harth will block the heat.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Make sure you have plenty of room all around the PS4 and leave the closet door open while you're using it, plus probably for a good 15+ minutes after you're done so the area can cool down.. "Plenty of room" to me is probably like 6-8" on each side, minimum. Sony had some showcases after the PS4 was announced where a console was in a glass box and they kept overheating, and I don't see a closet being too different.

I've considered a similar setup in my house in order to de-clutter things and make it look more sleek, but I've decided against it pretty much because of what it would do to the console(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks