PS/2 to AT adaptor (for keyboard)

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Jay H, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Do they make such a thing? I have a AT to PS/2 adaptor but I need the other way around. My sister has an ancient PC with an AT style keyboard connector. I bought her a keyboard from newegg and for some reason, they sent me the PS/2 version. I could return it but was thinking, perhaps it might be better (for upgradability sakes) to get an adaptor so when she gets a new(er) PC, she could use it still since I don't think anybody really uses AT keyboards anymore, all PS/2 or USB.

If they do make it, would a CompUSA have it? I mean it's got to be a specialty item...

Jay

2. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Here's one. If you don't order directly from Belkin, you might be able to find a bit cheaper elsewhere online; a B&M would be less likely to carry it, since there's not much demand for it anymore.

//Ken

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Hi Ken, I did a google search of "PS2 to AT" and found a bunch. I even found a listing in CNET so I am going to try to call some of these places to haggle the shippping price. The cheapest one I saw was like $1.79 but they want like $10 shipping. The damm keyboard cost $7!! (and newegg basically refunded my cost because it was not worth it for them to pay for me to ship it back, so basically I got a free PS2 keyboard! Yay to newegg! Belkin's one is twice the cost of the keyboard! [​IMG]

I figure if I can haggle with the place that has the adaptor for $1.79, I can make out like a bandit. They can simply stick the adaptor in an envelope and send it to me for 32 cents!

Jay