What's new

PS/2 to AT adaptor (for keyboard) (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Do they make such a thing? I have a AT to PS/2 adaptor but I need the other way around. My sister has an ancient PC with an AT style keyboard connector. I bought her a keyboard from newegg and for some reason, they sent me the PS/2 version. I could return it but was thinking, perhaps it might be better (for upgradability sakes) to get an adaptor so when she gets a new(er) PC, she could use it still since I don't think anybody really uses AT keyboards anymore, all PS/2 or USB.

If they do make it, would a CompUSA have it? I mean it's got to be a specialty item...

Jay

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Here's one. If you don't order directly from Belkin, you might be able to find a bit cheaper elsewhere online; a B&M would be less likely to carry it, since there's not much demand for it anymore.

//Ken

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hi Ken, I did a google search of "PS2 to AT" and found a bunch. I even found a listing in CNET so I am going to try to call some of these places to haggle the shippping price. The cheapest one I saw was like $1.79 but they want like $10 shipping. The damm keyboard cost $7!! (and newegg basically refunded my cost because it was not worth it for them to pay for me to ship it back, so basically I got a free PS2 keyboard! Yay to newegg! Belkin's one is twice the cost of the keyboard! :D

I figure if I can haggle with the place that has the adaptor for $1.79, I can make out like a bandit. They can simply stick the adaptor in an envelope and send it to me for 32 cents!

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks