PS-1000 Sub Question

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by ChrisGla, Jun 27, 2003.

1. ChrisGla

ChrisGla Auditioning

New kid on the block has a question. Just wondering if you highly scholered ladies and gents could give some advice. I have the following setup:

Onkyo 575x
    Paradigm Mon. 7 V.2, CC-370, ADP-170, PS1000
    Toshiba 2710 DVD

The question I have is, when the sub is placed in it's normal position, I do not have what I like to call OMPH
    [​IMG]. When I turn the sub around so that the rear ports are facing me, I get much more OMPH. Also the bass output seems to drop quit alot as it reaches the higher frquencies. The lower freq. I get but as the bass rises, the volume drops[​IMG] Does anybody have any tips to fix these problems.

Thanks

2. Cary_H

Cary_H Second Unit

I can't offer much more than to mess with it's placement 'til you're happy. At one point I had mine sitting ports out too.
    My 1000 is in a space that limits me in where I can put it. I have written off any issues I have with it to my room. When I walk around with music playing there are places where the bass seems to be "better" than it is at my listening position. For sheer output, well,.....I can **** off folks in my concrete building from one end right thru to the other.
    I rarely run it beyond 1/3 volume.

3. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

I have mine loaded in the corner surrounded by acoustical foam to control the boomyness. Look I get a very nice response and have controlled the boomyness. In my 12' x 16' room, I get good SPL with the volume at about 1/4.

You are going to have to move the sub around the room to find the best position.