What's new

PRS guitar anyone? (1 Viewer)

Chris Knox

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking more and more about this beautiful Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 on their site. Does anyone have any experience with this guitar? What are your thoughts on this rather expensive piece of equipment?

Thanks,

Chris

Matthew-K

Stunt Coordinator
PRS has some awesome guitars. Great sound and they look cool as well. I am starting to see alot of guitarist switching to PRS over the years.i.e., Santana, Mark Tremonti of Creed, Chad Kroeger of Nickelback, Chris henderson of 3 doors down, Dave Navarro, etc.

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
PRS are fine instruments imo. I had a CE-22 gold top a while back and it was a beautiful thing. At the time I was just a kid though, and couldn't really justify such an expensive guitar and returned it.

As for how PRS sound- the general consensus among 'guitar nerds' is that it is rather indistictive, which is what it gets the most flack for. However I suppose if you're looking for something that sounds in between a paul and a strat, PRS would be your thing. As far as build quality, you'd be hard press to find fault with PRS.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
While I have limited experience with PRS, there is just something about them that I don't like, they lack the vibe I guess. From the few I've seen, the build quality looks good, but there are some guitars that just beg to be played, and some that don't, and so far PRS falls into the latter category for me.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Do these guys actually play these on the records? I ask because a lot of PRS players I've seen use them in music videos and sometimes on stage (cause they look nice) but never use them in recording situations.

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
I'm pretty sure Santana does, not sure about the others but does it really matter? What the guy from 3 doors down plays hardly keeps me up at night :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks