Proxima ...or Nec LT 150..One or the other??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by lissie, Nov 10, 2001.

1. lissie

lissie Agent

I'm I comparing oranges and apples( or maybe apples and wagon wheels) ???? Please tell me the strengths and weaknesses of both. I want the LT150 but my brother-in law says Proxima. Which Proxima???? He wants something to take to business meetings... I want to project movies outside on a big screen. Any suggestions how 1 projector could benefit us both?

2. lissie

lissie Agent

Any suggestions??????????

3. Greg Risley

Greg Risley Second Unit

I went from a video grade CRT projector to the LT150 and the little LT150 is amazing. I am very happy with it.
    Greg

4. Huey

Huey Agent

For the money, the LT150 is the best buy ($2200 for XGA DLP) and video image. Proxima is no where near as good for video and is more expensive. Some model may be brighter (LT150 is only 800 lumens) for presentations but not better for video (colors are not as good and with less contrast (LT150 has 800:1 CR for blacker blacks)). LT150 should do fine for presentations too as long as you dim the lights a little (off for the best colors). Proxima has zoom lens which makes it easier to place image on screen (LT150 has to be moved to adjust image size), but I don't think zoom alone is worth it. When you do choose LT150, you should be able to count it for business use for tax benefits if you use it for business presentations also.

5. lissie

lissie Agent

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!THANKS!!!