What's new

Protective Screen yea or nay? (1 Viewer)

George Hales

Auditioning
Should I get the protective screen for our RPTV or not? A salesman at Best Buy said the screen actually enhances the picture quality; is this possible? And if so, how? I don't like the reflections, and we don't have any pets or children to worry about. What do you think? Thanks.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Depends on the lighting conditions in your room. If you have a lot of light sources then I would not get one. I removed mine and there was no difference in the picture. I actually enjoy it more now because there is no reflections on the screen.

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Sorry for the late response George.
If you watch any TV/DVD's during the day and you have windows anywhere behind your sitting area, youll wish you hadnt purchased the screen.
if you have toddlers or children that may place their hands on the TV, then id suggest getting it.
Is this a 4x4 set?
I purchased the screen and wish i hadnt.
i have since traded the set in for a widescreen, but it came with one built in, i had to remove it.
Picture is outstanding and i love not having reflections of my windows during the day.
------------------
RobertDuvall.jpg
"Charlie don't surf."

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
George, since you don't have kids or pets I wouldn't buy the screen due to the reasons given in other posts. My new Pro-710 came last week and I told the movers not to bother installing the screen which made a world of difference in comparing the screen reflections of the 53XBR300 that was replaced by the Elite. Right now on the Elite, I have zero reflections and the little sunlight that appears on the screen early in the morning is less of a problem with my viewing pleasure when watching the 710.
Crawdaddy
------------------
Peter Staddon: "I didn't say you can put 'Monkeybone' back!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks