What's new

Protective Screen on Panny PT47WX-53 (1 Viewer)

SimiA

Second Unit
It does have a protective screen.
You may be able to remove it by finding the screws around the outer edge of the screen frame that hold it secure.
If you can remove the screws, you should be able to take the frame off around the screen. You might also have to restack the screens, with the protective screen moved to the back of the screens, because you need it to keep the screens thickness the same for a secure fit.
Vb

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
It shouldn't take you too long to remove the screen on that tv. I have its younger brother (pt47x54) and I had the screen remove, but its a lot of work because the chassis is totally different than the WX model.

Use weather strips to secure the screen. You don't have to restack the screen. It should fit firmly once you take off the protective screen.

The pt47wx42 has the same chassis from the WX53. WX42 never came with a protective screen.

It should be pretty straight forward. The manual may even tell you on how to remove the scress.

For X54 owners, here are instructions that I found on the other forums on how to remove the protective screen.

Users who are viewing this thread