Protecting my DVDs

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Elliott Willschick, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Elliott Willschick

Elliott Willschick Second Unit

I recently had someone try to break into my house. While they were scared off by the alarm, I began to survey my house to see what I really had of value. My DVD collection has swelled and is worth a sizeable amount now. i'm sure insurance would cover most of it but I would like to find someway to protect them.

I was thinking of getting a locking filing cabinet. I was hoping that this would at least decrease a smash and grab scenario and make someone at least take something like just my DVD player which would be much easier to replace. Does anyone have a safer place for their discs and do you think something like a locking filing cabinet would help?

2. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

There was a thread about this about a month ago. A member had a truckload of DVDs stolen from his house.

A file cabnet or safe maybe a good idea. I also recommend checking your homeowners or renters policy to find out if they cover dvds.

dvdprofiler might be good also.

3. Elliott Willschick

Elliott Willschick Second Unit

I will do a search for the thread.

I believe they will cover most of it but I will check. The biggest problem would be going out and actually buying them all again. My collection is such that there are very few movies I would not rebuy.

Thanks

4. DanFe

DanFe Second Unit

Elliott,

It was in the software section.

5. Joe Fisher

Joe Fisher Screenwriter

Joseph E Fisher
    Elliot,

Here is the thread incase you haven't found it yet.