Proscan 38000 HDTV delivered DOA! Please help....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Carr, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys.. I'm looking for some re-assurance here... I just got my proscan 38000 delivered and we can't get the picture to come up!

Long story short... I talked to there boss and this is known to happen when the TV is cold. His advice is to hold onto it for a bit and try it after it's been in the house for an hour or so.

I really have no choice so I agreed. If it wont' turn on they will replace tomorow with a new one.

But I'm pissed! What i'm looking for is re-assurance.. has this happened to any of you?

the green light is ON I can hear it fire up.. and then I hear it shut itself off, so the cold thing makes sense I guess... I'm just so confused/frustrated/disappointed!

Anyone have similiar experience??

Please forgive the spam, I'm posting this on a couple of threads.. thanks!

Jim

2. Ed Faver

Ed Faver Second Unit

Ya shoulda bought the Hitachi!
    Seriously, with the bucks you laid out for this unit, you should have no problem getting first-class service from your dealer. Just be polite and insistent and don't accept that 'when it's cold' line. It should work, period. Get a replacement.
    This happened to me when I purchased my first stereo set 11 years ago. Got the sucker home, lugged up three flight, to the attic (then just a room, now the home theater) and the thing was dead! HAd to get it down & back to the store. The fact that it was DOA & I was inconvienienced got me an upgrade at no coast.
    I would suggest that you ask your dealer how he plans to compensate you for your time and trouble. If you paid a delivery charge, I would think that it should be refunded if you have to wait for a second delivery. Keep us up-to-date. My sympathies. There's nothing worse than a new toy that won't work. [​IMG]

3. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the insite Ed. I didn't buy the 'it's cold' line for a second.. but I thought.. screw it.. it's here.. what the hell. Maybe just maybe by the good grace of god it will work!

1 hour so far.. still nothing.. it makes the sound like it's firing up every 3 or 4 seconds it's wierd. Definetly a lemon i think.

I'm going to call the dealer now and bitch, I just need to cool down a bit.

As far as the hitachi.. I would have LOVED to.. but I only had a small space to work with (45x35) and this is the biggest HDTV I can get in there.

thanks again,

Jim