Proscan 38000 HDTV delivered DOA! Please help....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Carr, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys.. I'm looking for some re-assurance here... I just got my proscan 38000 delivered and we can't get the picture to come up!

Long story short... I talked to there boss and this is known to happen when the TV is cold. His advice is to hold onto it for a bit and try it after it's been in the house for an hour or so.

I really have no choice so I agreed. If it wont' turn on they will replace tomorow with a new one.

But I'm pissed! What i'm looking for is re-assurance.. has this happened to any of you?

the green light is ON I can hear it fire up.. and then I hear it shut itself off, so the cold thing makes sense I guess... I'm just so confused/frustrated/disappointed!

Anyone have similiar experience??

Please forgive the spam, I'm posting this on a couple of threads.. thanks!

Jim

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

I had a cd player that had a "dew" sensor. Cold cd player in a warm room made dew form on the laser lens.
    After it came up to room temp all was good.
    Does the manual say anything?
    Bummer!!
    How cold outside right now?
    - cm[​IMG]

3. Jim Carr

There boss said it's been on the truck since last night.. it was below 20 out last night.. and about 30 somthing now. I'm reading the manual as we speak.. I figured I'd come here for help also in addition to the manual! [​IMG]
    This is such BS.. LOL

4. Jim Carr

No one has ever heard of such a thing with an HDTV or any TV? (being 'cold'?)

5. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Jim,
    With any circuitry like this...a sudden temp change can cause all sorts of havoc(moisture issues).
    I'm hip to the whole *instant gratification* thing[​IMG]...but I would let it sit at room temp for 3-6 hours before turning it on again,
    TV

6. Jim Carr

Thanks Tom for the reply!

Would you leave it with it plugged in or off? There is a fan that runs when it's plugged in.

Jim

7. Jim Carr

I'll be damned... 1 hour later still no picture.. even worse.. I'm looking at the serial number.. its

.... jx4

that was last year's model that was RECALLED!!

this is such bullshit.

Just wanted to vent.....

8. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

Any reason why it was recalled?
    I'd be mighty pissed.[​IMG]

9. Jim Carr

ARGH!!! PICTURE TUBE!!!
    I'm so pissed off right now I can't even explain it. I just called my salesman (who knew jx4 was recalled) and I was on hold for about 30 minutes.
    I'm on my way down there right now.. I'm so pissed. If I don't post for a few days I'm probably in jail for beating a salesman with a 38" widescreen HDTV!!!! [​IMG]
    Jim

10. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

I SAY YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
    [​IMG]
    Go Git him!

11. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Jim Carr

I still can't belive those bastards sold me the jx4 when I specifically asked the guy and he even KNEW they were recalled.
    I got back about an hour ago.. talked to the store manager and they are having the RCA F38310JX5 delivered to my house on Saturday and coming to get this damn thing.
    What a hassle man. He refunded my shipping fee and threw in the RCA TV stand for the tv (300 buck value) so all in all I made out pretty good.
    Now I got the HDTV dish install man coming tomorow and I have no TV, can he still do it? I also have no speakers or receiver.. lol. My entertainment center looks like a HT graveyard! Still waiting for all my stuff.
    My speakers sold for 510 on ebay.. yeee haw! [​IMG]
    Alright.. I need to sleep off some frustration [​IMG] See you guys in da morn!
    Jim