What's new

Proposed System, your thoughts? (1 Viewer)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
No, the "bum" unit wasn't the PV500. That was working fine. The "bum" unit was my new receiver. The first one blew the main fuse when I turned it on. I brought it back to the dealer and he ordered a new one, which took a week to arrive. During that time, he lent me a nice integrated amp with which I could audition speakers at home (that's how I chose the Boston VR-M60s that are my mains). The next receiver arrived, I took it home, long story short, same thing happened again. I decided not to risk a third blow-up, so my dealer switched me to the receiver I have now, an Integra DTR 6.4, plus he upgraded my sub from PV500 to PV900, for my trouble.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
No, the "bum" unit wasn't the PV500. That was working fine. The "bum" unit was my new receiver. The first one blew the main fuse when I turned it on. I brought it back to the dealer and he ordered a new one, which took a week to arrive. During that time, he lent me a nice integrated amp with which I could audition speakers at home (that's how I chose the Boston VR-M60s that are my mains). The next receiver arrived, I took it home, long story short, same thing happened again. I decided not to risk a third blow-up, so my dealer switched me to the receiver I have now, an Integra DTR 6.4, plus he upgraded my sub from PV500 to PV900, for my trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks