Proper way to mod a Sony SAWM 40 Sub?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alex_Santos, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Alex_Santos

Alex_Santos Second Unit

I want to mod my sub but im not sure what materials to use and on which walls of the sub to use it. Should I use the bulk polyfill or the sheet? If bulk, how many packages would be appropriate? If sheet, how many sheets per wall? Also, what should I use to hold the polyfill, if anything. Thanks for the help.

2. Alex_Santos

Alex_Santos Second Unit

Anyone?

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

This question is probably better off asked in the DIY area. This is the little that I'm aware of regarding your specific question. The addition of polyfill will increase the effective volume of your sub perhaps by 10% or so depending on how much you stuff it with. The effect is that it makes the box seem bigger to the subwoofer raising your dB at a lower frequency. Amounts to add I've heard range from 1 - 1 1/2 pounds of material per cubic foot of enclosure space. Please consider posting there as there are some truly knowledgeable people who can give you the pros and cons. Some likely have personal experience with your particular sub and can give you some hard data bases upon their investigations.