What's new

proper volume/sub settings... (1 Viewer)

hello everyone,

i just got back up my sub which was being repaired, which i dropped off 5 weeks ago, from a&b sound.

and i was wondering if you guys can give me some advice on subwoofer and receiver settings (crossovers, volume levels, etc.).

i have the velodyne deco 7.1 system which is being juiced by an onkyo tx-nr901 av receiver (110w X 7 @ 8ohms).

i presently have the subwoofer level at a little less than half on the sub. there is no subwoofer volume on the receiver. although the db level is set to 0 along with all of the satellite speakers. i'm using the crossover on the receiver, which is set to 120hz. if i use the receiver crossover, does it automatically override the built in crossover on the sub? does it matter what the crosserover is set at on the sub or should i set it to something higher or even all the way up or the same as the receiver?

and i was wondering how i can break in the sub? i've heard that it isnt necessary to break them in. and some people recommend it. if its beneficial for the sub to be broken in, where can i buy a break-in/burn-in cd?

your advice would be greatly appreciated. please and thank you very much.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Welcome to the Forum Riichard! :)
No. If there is not bypass switch on the sub, turn the crossover to the highest setting.

There’s no need to give any speaker a special break in. The sub will break itself in with normal use. But if you do want to do that, it doesn’t require a special CD; any signal will do. You could just set a CD to repeat and play the system all day at a low level (i.e., background music) all day while you’re gone to work.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

You have to calibrate your system, which will set all your spekers to the same output level, including the sub. Look at John's link above.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks