What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Proper use of dog grooming instruments (1 Viewer)

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
Hey everyone,

I've got a border collie/springer spaniel mix who sheds heavily year round. Historically I used a 'slicker brush' to remove dead/loose hair, and it worked fairly well despite being a little time consuming and ill-appreciated by the dog. Recently my brother turned me on to a 'shedding blade' which is much faster at removing hair and which the dog doesn't seem to mind as much. Thing is, it never stops removing hair. How exactly do I use this thing properly? What's a good stopping point? I could strip my dog bald it seems from the limited time I've used it already. Also, any other recommendations/implements for keeping down on the shedding would be appreciated.

Joe Spratley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
test
I used a shedding blade on my labrador one day and the hair was endless. There was probably enough to fill a pillow. Haven't had any success here either on cutting down the shedding. I bought something called Mrs. Allens shed stop which is a food supplement but I didn't give it to him on a regular enough basis to see if it worked or not. I finally bought a K-9 top coat and I think I'm going to have him wear that. www.k9topcoat.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chantalc
Recent bookmarks