What's new

Proper Screen Size (1 Viewer)

Robert.CB

Agent
Hello all,

I am getting my final design ideas for my dedicated home theater and was wondering what the proper screen size and resolution for a front projection system would be for my room?

I have the framing up and it is about 19'6" X 12'3" X 8' with a 1 foot platform for elivated seating for the second row. The first row will be about 8' to 9' away from the screen and the second row will be about 14' to 15' feet away. The room will also be completely controlled lighting.

Also too if you could recommend screens and front projectors that match the criteria required for my room setup I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert.CB

Agent
Thank you for the link. The site recommends about 125 inches diagonal for 14 feet and 80.5 inches for 9 feet.

If I get the screen size optimal for the second row seating will the first row still have a good experience or will it not be as good? Or should I pick a size between the 2 to have good results for both?

Thanks.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I think it will depend on the projector. Different projectors recommend different optimum distances and screen sizes. I think the general rule of thumb for seating distance is to be 1.5 to 2 times the screen width back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks