"Prop walls" for trying out different things...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MickeS, Mar 8, 2002.

1. MickeS

MickeS Producer

OK, I couldn't figure out a good subject line, sorry. [​IMG]
    I was wondering if anyone knows a way to make cheap, lightweight "prop walls", in other words walls that I can use to try out different solutions in my house. The walls do not have to look good, they don't have to "work" as walls, they just need to be something I can put up in order to get a better idea of what to do (I'm thinking of closing off a room).
    Anyone got any ideas...? I was thinking something with some kind of foam/cardboard material, but unsure of how to get it or what to get.
    /Mike

2. Billy Posey

Billy Posey Second Unit

The only suggestion that I can make, is for you to go to a local home improvement store and check out those artificial walls that they use to show off products like windows doors frames etc. good luck

3. Scott Jelsma

Scott Jelsma Auditioning

You can get 4'X 8' sheets of 2" styrofoam at your local home improvement center. They are inexpensive, light weight, and easy to cut with a utility knife. They would make great "prop" walls.

4. Pam W

Pam W Stunt Coordinator

I suggest the same thing as Scott - they are in the insulation section of the home improvement stores. I have seen tham in light blue or pink. They are lightweight, can be cut with a knife, and can be used for other projects later! Here in NC they run between $10 and $12 as I recall. Good luck with your project!