Proof exist in widescreen or is it fullscreen or P & S only?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris PC, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Just wondering. All I can find of this movie is a VHS tape. Its the movie with Russel Crowe and Hugo Weaving. Good movie. Just wondering if it was in the theatres or just TV. Be a shame to have to get the VHS tape but thats all I can find. No Laserdisc of this movie I guess, right?

2. Sean Dayton

Sean Dayton Stunt Coordinator

I saw Proof shown in 1:85.1 in a theater in Paris back in 92. There is a P/S laserdisc version.

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Brutal. I wonder if there ever was a widescreen version released on LD or ?? VHS ?? Oh well..thanks for the information though. Maybe it'll come out. You'd of thought back when Gladiator and Matrix were hot they'd jump on releasing Proof as a point of interest. Oh well.

4. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Another movie I would VERY much like to have on DVD.

Does New Line still have the rights?

5. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

I don't understand New Line's reluctance to release most of the Fine Line catalog. While some more recent titles -- like Man of the Century and The Legend of 1900 -- made their way to DVD via Image, most of the old Fine Line titles remain unreleased. Proof is the most egregious offender, but titles like Waterland (a 2.35:1 LD was released, but went OOP very quickly), Once Were Warriors, Short Cuts, Household Saints, An Angel At My Table and The Ballad of Little Jo are all MIA as well.

New Line titles which haven't been released include the Critters films,Stranded, Lucky Stiff, Book Of Love, Alone In The Dark, Drop Dead Fred, A Handful of Dust (which has been seen on cable letterboxed but was released in P&S on LD), Kansas City and My Family/Mi Familia.

I would kill for DVDs of Proof, Waterland, Once Were Warriors, A Handful of Dust and My Family/Mi Familia.

6. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

7. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

D'oh! How could I forget The Rapture! I used to be writer/director Michael Tolkin's assistant! (flaggelates self). Another one is Dog Park, written and directed by Bruce McCulloch of Kids In The Hall fame. And Leolo. And Mrs. Parker & The Vicious Circle...

8. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

And so we wait patiently .... [​IMG]

9. Yumbo

Yumbo Cinematographer

Once Were Warriors!!! Kia kaha!

10. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    And I am still waiting for Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle, All Over Me, and Wide Sargasso Sea.

I don't get the delay, It's not like New Line has a vast catalog of titles that they are working on. They just seem to have become content to put out new theatrical releases and litttle else. What a waste.