What's new

Proof - Any idea if this good but little known movie will make it to DVD? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Link Removed
Its obscure but a darn good movie. I saw it on TV. It'd be a shame to have to buy a VHS tape of it. I'd love a LD but it ain't easy to find if it even exists. Any ideas?

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, it's a Fine Line release and New Line doesn't seem all that interested in working on old catalog product, particularly old Fine Line product. Makes no sense to me, but that's why we haven't seen Proof, Waterland or The Rapture yet.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Chris, thanks for bringing this up! I thought I was the only one who knew about this little gem. I don't see why New Line wouldn't release this now considering Russell Crowe's growing popularity. Heck, it's even got Hugo Weaving from The Matrix! Just play up that angle and NL might see some modest sales of this title.
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Lannie Lorence

Stunt Coordinator
My favorite thing about this movie and New Line is that New Line chooses to categorize it as a comedy. I guess dramas just don't sell.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
I met the director of PROOF, Jocelyn Moorhouse, here in Melbourne back in 1990, a year or so before she made the movie. She was very friendly and encouraging to me about my own film ambitions. It was also nice to hear her say that Argento's DEEP RED was one of her favourite films. She planned to do a thriller of sorts before her husband, P.J Hogan, hit it big with MURIEL'S WEDDING (which she co-produced) and (later) even bigger with MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING.
I think PROOF will be coming to Region 4 DVD down here in Australia sometime in the first half of next year. Don't know of any extras though.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Is the film on Laserdisc?
Someone mentioned it might be on Laserdisc and I saw it listed somewhere used but I don't believe its the same movie I am thinking of.
At least there is hope it will reach DVD region 1 someday. I guess there's another reason I'll need to play DVD's from other regions.
[Edited last by Chris PC on October 19, 2001 at 07:25 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks