prontoTS 1000 or the TSU2000

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Warren, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Brian Warren

Brian Warren Stunt Coordinator

is this a no brainer in that the TSU 2000 is the one to get cause of 2 mb ram?
    what else to condider regarding these two?
    thanks
    Brian

2. Brian Warren

Brian Warren Stunt Coordinator

I guess its obvious the 2000 is the way to go actually.

3. SHAWN SZILEZY

SHAWN SZILEZY Stunt Coordinator

Brian,
    I would go with the TSU2000 for the sake of extra memory. However, that being said, it is still easy to create a "killer" CCF file with the TSU1000. BTW, if you need any help with the programming software...drop me an email and I would be happy to help you out. [​IMG]

4. Michael Lomker

Michael Lomker Stunt Coordinator

I bought a refurbed 1000 because I'll never use that extra memory. I only have a half-dozen components. It's just like the Palm Pilot for me .... I just don't use it to 100% of its potential anyway.

5. Todd Schnell

Todd Schnell Second Unit

I have the TS1000 & memory has never been a problem for me.
    I have 12 different devise remote codes stored in
    the pronto along with some custom favorite channel type stuff for dish (i.e. direct access to just about all channels).
    Many of my devise screens have their own custom (in the sense of being unique to each other) lay outs.

The memory of my unit is at about 50%.
    If your not looking to do an insane amount of this type of thing the 1000 is more than enough.
    You can also save space by your programing skills.
    Example: Aquire clean codes, copy buttons, & codes. No need to program a code more than once just use the alias.

Of course if you find the 2000 for about the same price that would be the way to go.
    I personally would not pay much more for the added 1 meg of memory.

Todd

6. HankB

HankB Stunt Coordinator

I was debating about this very topic. I think I am going to go with the 2000 for the extra memory. Storing IR codes shouldn't be a problem on either the 1000 or the 2000, but I want all sorts of pretty graphics. That will probably eat up the memory pretty fast. Anyone know or tried this?

7. FredS

FredS Extra

go to www.remotecentral.com - this is the premier place for PRONTO advice. You'll also find downloadable graphics for you pronto, files containing pre-programmed buttons and macros, as well as useful utilities.

8. Jason-Pro

Jason-Pro Stunt Coordinator

i bought the tsu2000 just for the extra memmory (dont buy refurbished Touchscreen remotes most of them have problems with dead LCDs or just black out spots) just a tip heh.
    The only difference between the 2 is one has 2 mb of memmory and one has 1mb and one is black and the other is silver [​IMG]
    btw make sure you get the charging dock and a leather case you will need them very bad.