Pronto TSU6000 vs. TSU2000 - need help!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Flora, Jul 11, 2002.

1. David Flora

David Flora Stunt Coordinator

I need some advise on the Pronto's. I know that the main differences between the 2000 and 6000 are color vs b/w, the memory, and the RF control. I was wondering if anyone has these remotes and can offer whether the extra cost is worth moving up to the 6000. I was also wondering if the 2MB of memory in the 2000 is enough to be able to hold lots of icons (like tv icons) that you can download. Finally, is the RF control there to operate things like lights and automatic blinds? If anyone could address these items and talk about whether or not they like having a Pronto remote I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

2. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

Even the old TSU-1000 with 1 mb memory is able to hold all of the icons for DirecTV.

As far as the price difference, only you can determine whether it's worth it, i.e. color vs greyscale. If money is really not an issue, I'd say go for it.

The RF control is used to communicate with the base, which then emits the appropriate IR signal. You could then use the X10 IR543 console to control your lights and automatic blinds.

As far as liking the Pronto, if you want the ultimate in flexibility, the Pronto is it. Some people can't deal with a touchscreen claiming they don't want to have to look at the screen to find a button. For me, the only buttons that I use constantly are the channel up/down, volume up/down, and mute and Pronto has hard buttons for them. A couple of other often used functions I've assigned to the two user hard buttons. Everything else I have to look at the remote anyway so the issue about touchscreen vs hard buttons doesn't exist for me.