pronto-style remotes ...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Lawrence, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Jeff Lawrence

Jeff Lawrence Auditioning

i wanted to get some feedback about the differences between the 3 pronto-style remotes:

phillips pronto (1000/2000)

marantz 5000i

yamaha whatever

i have read pleanty about how similar they are, but what makes them different? is there one that is preferable over the others?

thanks,

- jeff

2. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

I have the Home Theater Master MX-500 and love it.I got it as a gift but had I paid for it,I would not be disappointed.
    I like it for several reasons.The main reason is..its easy.Easy to program,easy to use,heck my 3 year old can use it.
    I think the link is..
    www.remotecentral.com

3. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Well the mx-500 is really irrelevant for this thread, the question isn't about non-pronto type remotes, he's asking for info about variations of the pronto.

I don't about the yamaha, but the pronto and rc5000 are very similar. At first they were the same, just released by different companies, now there are some minor things you can do with one that you can't with the other (such as a smart back button). But they're still very, very similar. I have the rc5000 and love it.

4. Ray R

Ray R Stunt Coordinator

Anyone have experience with the new Pronto Neo? From what I read it isn't just a little brother to the Pronto.