What's new

Pronto Remote - Which of one to get? (1 Viewer)

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
Adrian,

Gordon gave some excellent initial instructions. Here's "Mikes help bar". It gives some great links to planning a layout for your Pronto. Particularly the "play with it, phases, planning, alias.ccf, and copying bmps & galleries" sections are the most important initially. Hope this helps. Sorry about the sizing of this, I'm not an HTML expert, but at least the links are good.

Jim L

|
| Click on the links
| in the box below, in particular you will find
| : the FAQ, Reviews, Play With It, Phases, Planning
| and ALIAS.CCF helpful when just starting out.
|
| And remember when you ask questions to be specific
| in your Heading and very specific in your question,
| including precisely what your problem/question
| is and what model Remote you have and what OS
| you are using on your PC.
|
| Also, don't forget the Search Forum at the bottom
| of the Page. It may seem slow but it is VERY thourough
| and don't be mislead by the "0%" you will see
| on the first screen, it is only a progress marker.
|
| BGCOLOR="FF0000" BEHAVIOR="scroll" HEIGHT=10 ALIGN="middle"
| DIRECTION="left">CLICK
| ON THESE LINKS
| FAQ
| | Files
| | Reviews
| | Play
| with it
| Phases
| | Planning
| |
| ALIAS.CCF
| Copying
| .BMPs & Galleries
| Discretes
| | Docking
| Station
| NEO
| | X-10
| | Parts
| | Cable
| | Buy/Sell
|
| Link Removed Link RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed:b :b :b

rodney wiley

Second Unit
:D WOW Thanks Gordon! I was able to get the unit to do what I wanted by manually programming it. Its not fancy but it serves my purpose. I guess I was thinking of pronto edit as more of a custom type thing. It seems its more like a way to program it using the PC. Are there ways to actually add totally custom sized buttons and funny graphics as well or is that a different ccf. From what I can understand the ccf's are other peoples files that they have created. I would like some type of animation at the beginning and end of my macros

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Rodney,
Everything that you want to do - custom sized buttons, funny graphics, animations, etc, can only be done using ProntoEdit. A Custom Configuration File is a file containing other peoples' customizations. You can import elements from other peoples' ccf into your own if you like. But you gotta learn how to use ProntoEdit to make it happen.

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
rodney,

Pronto Edit is a custom type thing. You can create (or borrow) button styles/sizes or any graphics that are 8 bit bmp files and use them in your ccf. The ccf in a new Pronto is the default ccf - with Pronto Edit you would replace this with your creation. Animations are not a possibility with a Pronto (although simple animations are possible with the Marantz versions). With the Pronto you are limited to 1 jump (jump to a new screen) per button - so no animation.

Jim L

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
Rodney,

Each layout you see on the display screen is a actually a separate page in the ccf. Even in the default ccf - each time the screen changes, it's actually a new page. The way the remote navigates is to "jump" to a new page. In order to get simple animation you would need to display (jump to) many new pages in rapid succession to simulate motion. With the Pronto (not Marantz) you are limited to a single jump on a button, hence no animation. Exception - there is some animation which is hard coded in the firmware (not the ccf), but this is not accessible with Pronto Edit.

Jim L

rodney wiley

Second Unit
Ok new question when I go to download any other file like games or back-rounds, all I get is a page of numbers symbols and letters

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
rodney,

Haven't experienced that, and I've downloaded a lot of remotecentral's files. Not trying to be insulting, but you download the file, unzip, and then open the file in the Pronto Edit software to see what the pages look like. Are you trying to open it in a word processer or notepad?

Jim L

rodney wiley

Second Unit
Jim, no insult taken. When I click download It takes me to a page of just symbols letters and numbers dosent give me the download icon or anything

rodney wiley

Second Unit
Jim, I realized with the help of a co-worker that our pc's here at work don't have a zip drive so I have no way to down load the files. I was trying to download the file that had the looney toons character's as well as the games.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks