Pronto questions?....

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by todd s, Jan 25, 2006.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I am looking to get a Pronto remote. I don't need anything complicated. Just a remote to consolidate the 4 remotes I have now (tv, directv, vcr, dvd). I am thinking the TSU2000 in more than adequate for my needs. Just wondering what current users think? Also, how easy is it to program? I have heard that some people for a fee will program it for you?

Thanks!!

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Todd I've been programming pronto's for clients for years so yes that's a possibility. The TSU2000 is several years old now and has been replaced several times..the curret version is called the TSU3000. I'm actually still using my two 1000's though so its not like the old models aren't of any value any longer.

3. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    I have both the 2000 and 3000. I personally like the simplicity of the 2000.

4. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

Any opinions about the ProntoNeo?

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

The Neo's alright but given the price of used 1000 and 2000's I would suggest going that route...or get the MX500 instead.

6. Reginald Trent

I already have a ProntoNeo still in the box, so what are its shortcomings compared to the 1000 and 2000?

7. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Its just not as customizable given the lack of the LCD screen and PC editing software.

8. Reginald Trent

Are we talking about the same remote? Because, My ProntoNeo has a LCD screen and here's a what is stated on its box.

"Easy-to-use touch-screen display for quick, easy operation. With ProntoNEO's touch screen and dynamic LCD-display you'll be able to operate your audio and video equipment-no matter how sophisticated quickly and easily with backlighting even in darkly lit rooms."

"Customizable and upgradable-via your PC! Customize ProntoNEO using NEOedit sofeware to add, delete and label new buttons and menus. And by connecting your ProntoNEO to the Phillips website, you wiill be able to keep your remote updated with the latest features, making your ProntoNEO futureproof!"

-----------------------------

I haven't use it yet but the ProntoNEO does include a cable for connecting to a PC. So maybe you are thinking of another remote.

9. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

That's true but where the two really differ is that on the Neo you are more limited as to what you can customize where as the TSU1000 et al. allow you to custom build interfaces as you have full control over what's displayed on the LCD screens.

The Neo's have more hard buttons though then the older 1000 and 2000's though.