Pronto NEO??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony Stephan, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Anthony Stephan

Anthony Stephan Stunt Coordinator

On page 9 of this weeks Best Buy circular there is a photo of a Pronto NEO. It also says, "Best Buy Exclusive".

It looks very different from our old Prontos and it's only $249. It also offers a computer connection, so I suppose it can use Pronto edit.

Anyone heard of this before?

2. SamRoza

SamRoza Stunt Coordinator

Nope, it's not compatible at all. I found a quickie review here: http://www.remotecentral.com/wn011016.htm
    At least, that's what I took from the review. Uses diferent programs and codes, and really isn't a "pronto" per se...
    Sam

3. Andrew V

Andrew V Stunt Coordinator

Sam is right. The neo is not compatible with the Pronto line. The Neo has a narrower screen and has some added hard buttons. It also uses a different Editing software that is not interchangeable with the current ProntoEdit. There has also been a lot of reports of problems with the Editor. Personally, I would stay away from the Neo (at least for now).

4. erikk

erikk Stunt Coordinator

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

until they get the software fixed this is a glorified learning remote and no competition to a real pronto. Now once (if) they fix the software that might change but not being able to use the extensive IR codes esp the discrete one's that the pronto can use is a big negative

6. Brian_J

Brian_J Second Unit

This thing had so much promise. [​IMG] But alas, Philips was concerned that if they made it too much like the Pronto and Pronto Pro (able to use the same codes and upload your configuration to computer) it would eat away at the sales of those. And I almost bought it...that is until I did some research and found out its limitations.
    Brian