pronto leather case

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith M., Mar 12, 2003.

1. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

I purchased a pronto leather case a few years ago for my T2000. I am about to purchase another T2000 and cant seem to find the cases for sale anymore?

Any information/links ???

Due to the poor reviews of the 3000, should I wait till they iron out the bugs, buy another 2000, or go for the pro color? Our 2000 CCFs compatible w/ the pro?

2. Jim Lenneman

Jim Lenneman Stunt Coordinator

I would wait. Every new version of the software has had it's share of bugs. At least the critical bugs have always been worked out. The 3000 is currently being discounted to a price close to a new 2000. It does have a lot to offer. Hard button cursor control alone is worth waiting for.

Going for a Pro is basically a money decision which only you can answer. 2000 ccfs can be used in a Pro (they show B&W of course) and they can be converted to use on a 3000 as well.

Jim L

3. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member

Doug
    Keith - I used a 2000 for almost a year and just bought the 3000 a couple of weeks ago. I *love* it! The hard buttons are great (addressing my single big issue with the older model) and the display is a big improvement over the 2000. I've had zero problems with the unit. ProntoEdit NG is a bit buggy but work arounds, for me anyway, exist. I don't regret the purchase at all and would recommend the 3000.

4. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

Is there a leather case available for the 3000? Who has the best price right now on the 3000 and a charger??

Thanks again...