What's new

Pronto File for Toshiba CN36X81 (or similar) (1 Viewer)

Mike Grell

Agent
I'm busy trying to impress the fact that my parents should get a Pronto remote, as they are suffering from the quagmire of remote-control-overload with all their components.

They have a Toshiba CN36X81 television. I'm seeking a Pronto .ccf file which contains the setup for this television (or any other compatible set?) so I can load the page onto my own Pronto, and give them a demo of how it'd work.

So far no luck... Does anybody here know where I can find such a file? The only place I've so-far found one is "Remote Central", but upon inspection of the file, I can't find anything related to the CN36X81...

Any suggestions / help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

PS... I'm hoping this is the right forum for this type of question!

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

Try downloading a similar model number - ususally the codes don't change too much from year to year. Until recently, Toshiba did not support discreet power codes - so you'll probably have to live with a toggle power on/off. You could also learn the codes from their remote.

Jim L

Mike Grell

Agent
Hi Jim, thanks for the reply - Do you know what model would be considered similar? I'm not familiar with their line... I would *guess* that perhaps CN32X81 would exist, but didn't find one of those or anything like that either. Any ideas?

Ideally, the one thing about their TV is that you must hit the "Input" (Source?) button on the remote several times to sequence through the various inputs before you get to the one you want. I suspect however, as you mentioned, that they do not have discrete codes for such an option.

Anyways, if you know of a model that would be a close match, let me know (or anyone else for that matter!)

Thanks very much!
Mike

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

Sorry, can't help you with similar models. You might have better luck posting on the Pronto forum at remotecentral.com.

As far as discrete codes for inputs go - usually you can design a workaround using a macro. You need to find a command that puts you in a known input. Many times hitting the channel up or down button puts you in input #1 (or whatever). You can then use a macro - ie channel up, delay, input, delay, input, would always put you at input #3. My poor old RCA direct view works like this and I believe some (most) of the Toshiba's do as well.

Jim L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks