What's new

Pronto - best price? (1 Viewer)

Kent Nelson

Agent
I am looking for a pronto (2000 model), and have seen a wide variety of prices on the internet, but I wonder how reputable some are. My question is: does anyone have this, and where did you buy for what price?

Thanks for any response.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Probably the best source for info on this is at Remote Center. People there are often talking about the issues regarding authorized dealers and so on, as well as reputable ebay sellers.

Andrew V

Stunt Coordinator
I would say one of the cheaper places to buy the Pronto would be Ebay. There is a seller by the name of "Alpha2Data" that sells the Pronto over Ebay. He has really good prices on the TSU-2000 and has excellent feedback. You can also buy directly from him if you don't want to go through E-Bay.
Here is a link to his Feedback: Link Removed
If you would like to contact him directly, here is his E-mail: [email protected]

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
If you don't really need the 2 meg version the 1 meg version can be had from www.jandr.com for a measly $130 USD if you call them. Very few people ever need more memory then what the 1 meg version offers.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
And whatever you do.. DO NOT buy the Pronto Pro because
then this ANonymous uses of THIS forum will email you at
home and tell you that you are a retard and your equipment
is junk... I have gotten such an email from this person
who's email address is [email protected]
Just thought i'd share..

Roger Kaufmann

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Kent,

I have to second the recommendation for Alpha2Data on Ebay. I am not a current customer of his but when the time comes I will buy from him. The reason I suggest him is he can get you a TSU2000 for $249.00 delivered to your door and when you need help he can and will assist you. I had a problem with my Marantz RC5000 (equivilant to the TSU1000) and Bruce not only gave me his toll free number but welcomed my Saturday call and spent close to an hour with me on the phone. He asked nothing in return, IMHO he is a class act and deserves positive recommendations.

Regards,

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I third Rogers recommendation for Bruce (Alpha2Data)
He is a CLASS act. Even though I did not get my Pronto Pro
from him (would you pass up a 3 week old Pro for $550?) I
certainly was going to get a TSU2000 from him. His price
for the TSU2K is $299.00 with the charger and NiMh pack and
he fully supports what he sells. You can find him over on
www.remotecentral.com in the Pronto forums all the time!

erikk

Stunt Coordinator
Gotta throw in another nod to Bruce (Alpha2Data). VERY fast (I ordered at 7pm and got it the next day at 10am) and he has some of the best prices I've seen. I didn't need it, but he will definitely help you as much as he can (he's even put together a good FAQ he sends with shipment).

Now if only the Pronto Neo's software problems were sorted out and he was able to stock them.

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
what do you mean you can get it from jandr.com for $130 if you call them? I just got mine from then which was a phone order and they charged me $150. $20 difference isnt that bad, but it would still be nice to have it in my pocket!

Kent Nelson

Agent
Thanks for all of the info. - it has been very helpful. I like the 2000 for the price, and the guy who has been mentioned as very reputable sounds like the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks