What's new

Promising Young Woman Blu-ray + Digital - $4.67 @ Amazon (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Amazon currently has Promising Young Woman (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) on sale for $4.67 + tax when you clip the coupon on the product page:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks Doug. An outstanding and odd movie for certain. I'd been waiting for the price to come down.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Since it's available in 4K digitally, I wonder if the code included with this release will redeem in 4K or HD? My guess would be the latter.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Since it's available in 4K digitally, I wonder if the code included with this release will redeem in 4K or HD? My guess would be the latter.
If it's 4K on iTunes and iTunes accepts the code, it should be 4K, at least in Apple Movies. If it has to be redeemed on MA or another platform like Vudu, it'll be HD. I can report back once I receive my disc.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FWIW, it IS 4K, DV, Atmos on iTunes. So, here's hoping Apple accepts the code. If it's an MA title, it should be accepted.

EDIT: others understand the complexities of this crap, but it appears to me there is NO 4K code for this title. In order to get it in 4K, you have to purchase it from iTunes.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just looked at my copy and there is no Itunes logo on the back of the case nor the code sheet. I wasn't aware most Universal codes would redeem directly on iTunes.
It does port to iTunes when redeemed elsewhere, but I'm not sure the code work directly.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I should have my copy on Sunday and will report back if it redeems on iTunes. I don’t think it will.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Just looked at my copy and there is no Itunes logo on the back of the case nor the code sheet. I wasn't aware most Universal codes would redeem directly on iTunes.
It does port to iTunes when redeemed elsewhere, but I'm not sure the code work directly.

Universal used to provide DCs that were redeemable via iTunes, but stopped and switched to Movies Anywhere around 2-3 years ago.

_Man_

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Universal used to provide DCs that were redeemable via iTunes, but stopped and switched to Movies Anywhere around 2-3 years ago.
Vudu and Microsoft also have it available in 4K, and all of them are currently selling it for $9.99.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It’s $9.99 on iTunes in 4K also, and they seem to provide the best streaming quality.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just to confirm the expected. The code does not redeem directly on iTunes. It's an MA title, but redeeming it should produce the HD version only in Apple Movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks