What's new

. . . Promising New DVD Label . . . (1 Viewer)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Looks like a winner. I love Criterion, but I know that they have the problem of getting films to work with. If there can be another studio putting out the quality and depth that Criterion does, I'm all for it. You can't have too many great films released.

Bruce

GaryEA

Second Unit
They're using Metropolis as part of their logo... I wonder how they will handle its eventual release, especially with the restored version coming out this year.
Additionally, they use a photo of Buster Keaton, and advertise Das Boot as an upcoming release. Interesting array of possibilities.
The price of $39.95 for The Blue Angel seems steep, even for a special edition, but I don't know enough about their plans to see if the price is warranted.
I registered to be on their mailing list. Hope this series works out. :)
-g

GaryEA

Second Unit
Dave,

There isn't one yet - unless I completely missed it.

The only title I've seen announced is Blue Angel (which you have to send your email in to be told when it's available). Das Boot is mentioned as well, but no date is given.

The auto response I got after registering read as follows...

Dear Fellow Cinephile;

Warm greetings from The Movie Treasury!

We are delighted in your interest and look forward to
sharing this adventure with you. We welcome you as a
member!

Rest assured that we will be in touch with you in the
very near future regarding your member participation.
Over the next several weeks we will begin offering our
many cinephile services, so check back often to our
website.

Thanks again, and welcome aboard!

Very Best,
The Move Treasury Team
Alrighty then.

-g

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
It almost seems to me that they may produce titles for studios/labels that have the rights. RE: Das Boot"
, which was released to great critical acclaim and commercial success by Columbia Pictures.
Plus, Kino has a 2-disc set of The Blue Angel that looks suspiciously like what The Movie Treasury mentions.
Amazon.com has it for sale.
Also, the copyright date on the webpages are 2000. I'm not so sure this is a new Criterion-style label.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
To get that email newsletter, do you just signup for the "Free membership"?

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I must say that if they did produce Kino's BLUE ANGEL, they did a heck of a job. It looks pretty good for a film of that age, although there was some heavy digital restoration done on both prints. Makes the film look a tad "unreal". Kind of like SNOW WHITE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrossAtlantic
Recent bookmarks