What's new

3D Prometheus (3D Blu-ray Combo) (Blu-ray Combo) available for preorder on Amazon with FREE Movie Ticke (1 Viewer)

Ruly2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
Foxconnect.com and Amazon.com have this film listed as having a release date of 10.11.12.
For right now only the Bluray 3D has that date listed on Amazon. The date should appear on the DVD and Bluray page soon

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hey Josh!
Welcome to the forum.

I would expect an official press release any day now.

We will post it as soon as we have it, but I like that October date.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yes welcome Iva and Josh.
Also the date is no surprise. That date was posted at the end of movie in the credits

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Oh, Missed Iva.

Welcome!

They actually put the Home Release Date in the ending credits?

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Couldn't care less about a free movie ticket.
I'm happy to pay for movies.
I'm ordering the 3-D edition.
Prometheus is intelligent science-fiction and superior cinema. Intellectually it towers over Alien. I do wish Ridley Scott had been allowed to make his hard-R rated version because I can see the new direction he wanted to take this story to.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ron there was a date, that date , at the end or during the credits
But it wasnt stated what it was.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

http://www.movieviral.com/2012/06/10/prometheus-end-credits-image-leads-to-new-viral-website-and-video/

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
446eb06d4eb5e42e2b3b86e86f142da1.jpg

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Yeah, when that came up on screen at the end of the movie, I joked with my wife that that was probably the date for the home video release. It just seemed like the date was about the right amount of time after the theatrical for the home video.

Ruly2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
BESTBUY May carry the pre-orders on September 23rd but you didnt hear that from me.lol.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I wonder what the 3D blu-ray cover will look like.
(This is going to be an awesome 3D blu-ray, as the movie was actually shot in 3D.)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
So here we are, less than 2 weeks before this hits the street and STILL no official specs or even a press release? Unless I missed something (unlikely since the last post before mine was in late August), this has got to be one of the most bizarre situations I've seen to date. :confused:

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
MattAlbie60 said:
It's a Charlie De Lazurieka disc, so I'm not at all worried about specs :)
Neither am I. I'm just saying nothing like this has ever happened before and I hope it doesn't become a trend. Knowing a film is coming out on Blu eventually isn't enough, people like to see some official news.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Here's an excerpt from the press release I received this morning about the contents of the 3D package:

PROMETHEUS 4-Disc Collector's Edition Blu-ray Special Features

Disc 1

Theatrical Cut

Commentary by Director/Producer Ridley Scott

Commentary by Writer Jon Spaihts and Writer/Executive Producer Damon Lindelof

The Peter Weyland Files

Deleted and Alternate Scenes that include an Alternate Opening / Ending

Prometheus - Weyland Corp Archive Second Screen App

Disc 2

The Furious Gods: Making Prometheus

Enhancement Pods

Weyland Corp Archive

Pre-Vis

Screen Tests

Disc 3

3D Theatrical Cut of Movie

Disc 4

DVD / Digital Copy

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
Is there a longer, extended cut? Does that mean that the "theatrical cut" is being listed as a special feature, or is it weird that they're just singling out "theatrical cut"?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)] [/COLOR]http://www.hometheaterforum.com/content/type/61/id/167664/

[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]Renowned director Ridley Scott takes fans on a gripping sci-fi adventure that “kicks ass so hard and often that it's impossible not to be thrilled by it” (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone). Launching into space to discover the mysterious creators of the human race, the “genuinely epic” (Tom Long, Detroit News) film, PROMETHEUS, debuts globally on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD October 9 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. An unmatched home entertainment experience, watch the highly-anticipated blockbuster hit in the format it was meant to be viewed, stunning 3D high-definition.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]Written by Damon Lindelof (“Lost”) and Jon Spaihts, PROMETHEUS features outstanding performances by Academy Award® winner* Charlize Theron (Monster), Golden Globe®-nominee* Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds), Guy Pearce (Memento), Noomi Rapace (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) and Logan Marshall-Green (Devil).[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]Archeologist couple Elizabeth Shaw (Rapace) and Charlie Holloway (Marshall-Green) discover a star map that they interpret as an invitation from humanity's forerunners, the “Engineers.” Determined to find out more about them, the couple boards the scientific vessel Prometheus, created and funded by Peter Weyland (Pearce), CEO of Weyland Corporation. Lead by mission director Meredith Vickers (Theron) and monitored by Weyland’s android David (Fassbender), the team of explorers find a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth and embark on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe where they fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]Loaded with over seven hours of bonus material, the PROMETHEUS 4-Disc Collector’s Edition and 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack feature the original theatrical release and are available in premium packaging. Fans can get the ultimate Prometheus experience with an Alternate Opening and Ending, Deleted and Alternate Scenes, access to “Peter Weyland’s Files,” commentary by directors and writers, a cutting-edge Prometheus Weyland Corp. Archive Second Screen App and more![/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]*2004, Best Actress in a Leading Role, Monster[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]**2012, Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture-Drama, Shame[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]PROMETHEUS 4-Disc Collector's Edition Blu-ray Special Features[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]Disc 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● Theatrical Cut[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● Commentary by Director/Producer Ridley Scott[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● Commentary by Writer Jon Spaihts and Writer/Executive Producer Damon Lindelof[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● The Peter Weyland Files[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● Deleted and Alternate Scenes that include an Alternate Opening / Ending[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● Prometheus - Weyland Corp Archive Second Screen App[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]Disc 2[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● The Furious Gods: Making Prometheus[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● Enhancement Pods[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● Weyland Corp Archive[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● Pre-Vis[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● Screen Tests[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]Disc 3[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● 3D Theatrical Cut of Movie[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]Disc 4[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● DVD / Digital Copy[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]PROMETHEUS 2-Disc Blu-ray Special Features[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]Disc 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● Theatrical Cut[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● Commentary by Director/Producer Ridley Scott[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● Commentary by Writer Jon Spaihts and Writer/Executive Producer Damon Lindelof[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● The Peter Weyland Files[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● Deleted and Alternate Scenes that include an Alternate Opening / Ending[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● Prometheus - Weyland Corp Archive Second Screen App[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]Disc 2[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]● DVD / Digital Copy[/COLOR]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks