What's new

prologic2,dts neo vs logic7 (1 Viewer)

Gregory Scott Bass

Stunt Coordinator
I had a lexicon a while back but now I really miss logic7...it was by far the best sounding decoding I have ever heard, many times preferable over dd/dts, Is prologic2 and dts neo similar to logic7? I have not had a chance to hear these formats. The reason I ask is I plan to buy another reciever around christmas and harmon kardon just annouced three new recievers with 7channel logic7, I havnt been a big harmon fan in the past but this might be a deal maker. I am real interested in anyone comments that have heard all three formats. thanks Scott

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Don't forget Marantz' Circle Surround 5.1 (CS5.1)
biggrin.gif

------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)

Gregory Scott Bass

Stunt Coordinator
Just read a reply from jim Fosgate in another forum stating that prologic 2 was already designed to handle 7 channels but dolby labs elected to put out the 5 channel version first.....this will be cool when they release it,,,just wonder how long they will wait. Scott

Han

Second Unit
Maybe the article a while back at Secrets can help. One of the findings is that Logic 7 seemed to be the only one to keep up with Pro Logic II.
Link Removed

Gregory Scott Bass

Stunt Coordinator
I went and demoed a marantz running prologic2 on the dark side of the moon and I was extremly impressed, I think they should have called this feature something else because when I first heard the name I dismissed it as just another soundfield simulater that was unneeded, prologic2 is obviously a major break through, it surpassed logic 7 in a 5 channel set up, I would say it is a must have on the features list, beware though that the denon units I looked at does not have pl2 music, only pl2 cinema which is definitely different. goodbye 2channel audio. Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks