prologic2,dts neo vs logic7

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gregory Scott Bass, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Gregory Scott Bass

Gregory Scott Bass Stunt Coordinator

I had a lexicon a while back but now I really miss logic7...it was by far the best sounding decoding I have ever heard, many times preferable over dd/dts, Is prologic2 and dts neo similar to logic7? I have not had a chance to hear these formats. The reason I ask is I plan to buy another reciever around christmas and harmon kardon just annouced three new recievers with 7channel logic7, I havnt been a big harmon fan in the past but this might be a deal maker. I am real interested in anyone comments that have heard all three formats. thanks Scott

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Don't forget Marantz' Circle Surround 5.1 (CS5.1) [​IMG]
    ------------------
    All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
    to live beyond it's income.
    ITRCA ** Speedring (sorry, car guy)

3. Gregory Scott Bass

Just read a reply from jim Fosgate in another forum stating that prologic 2 was already designed to handle 7 channels but dolby labs elected to put out the 5 channel version first.....this will be cool when they release it,,,just wonder how long they will wait. Scott

4. Han

Han Second Unit

5. Gregory Scott Bass

I went and demoed a marantz running prologic2 on the dark side of the moon and I was extremly impressed, I think they should have called this feature something else because when I first heard the name I dismissed it as just another soundfield simulater that was unneeded, prologic2 is obviously a major break through, it surpassed logic 7 in a 5 channel set up, I would say it is a must have on the features list, beware though that the denon units I looked at does not have pl2 music, only pl2 cinema which is definitely different. goodbye 2channel audio. Scott