1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

prologic2,dts neo vs logic7

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gregory Scott Bass, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Gregory Scott Bass

Gregory Scott Bass Stunt Coordinator

I had a lexicon a while back but now I really miss logic7...it was by far the best sounding decoding I have ever heard, many times preferable over dd/dts, Is prologic2 and dts neo similar to logic7? I have not had a chance to hear these formats. The reason I ask is I plan to buy another reciever around christmas and harmon kardon just annouced three new recievers with 7channel logic7, I havnt been a big harmon fan in the past but this might be a deal maker. I am real interested in anyone comments that have heard all three formats. thanks Scott

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Don't forget Marantz' Circle Surround 5.1 (CS5.1) [​IMG]
    ------------------
    All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
    to live beyond it's income.
    ITRCA ** Speedring (sorry, car guy)

3. Gregory Scott Bass

Just read a reply from jim Fosgate in another forum stating that prologic 2 was already designed to handle 7 channels but dolby labs elected to put out the 5 channel version first.....this will be cool when they release it,,,just wonder how long they will wait. Scott

4. Han

Han Second Unit

5. Gregory Scott Bass

I went and demoed a marantz running prologic2 on the dark side of the moon and I was extremly impressed, I think they should have called this feature something else because when I first heard the name I dismissed it as just another soundfield simulater that was unneeded, prologic2 is obviously a major break through, it surpassed logic 7 in a 5 channel set up, I would say it is a must have on the features list, beware though that the denon units I looked at does not have pl2 music, only pl2 cinema which is definitely different. goodbye 2channel audio. Scott