Projector video input (crt)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JohnnyMak, Jan 1, 2004.

1. JohnnyMak

JohnnyMak Auditioning

I have a Zenith CRT video projector. The only input is a BNC connection. What type of cabling would give the best picture quality. Right now I have cheapo DVD and VCR, but I do all the switching through my Integra DTR-7.4. The outputs are the standard RCA or S-Video and composite. I know I have to use some kind or kinds of adapter(s). Right now I use an RG-6U cable with an RCA adapter out of the reciever and a BNC adapter to the projector. Picture is good but am I missing out on better, Thanks.

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Moving to Displays. What are you using as a video scaler?

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Johhny: What projector is it exactly?

And I am assuming like most CRTs except the newest ones, your has composite, s-video, and RGB only, and no component video inputs. Again, depends on the projector, if it's an old video-grade model, than you might be getting all you're gonna get out of it. If it is data or graphics grade then you'll want to try to push much higher resolutions via some kind of scaler/processor.

I also strongly suggest you consult the CRT projector forums at AVS.

You may want to use a transcoder to change component into RGB if you want to run 480p for instance.

4. JohnnyMak

JohnnyMak Auditioning

The model is a Zenith Pro-851x, 1997 year, the only input for video is a BNC connector.

5. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Anyway, cleaning lenses is easy, just be careful not to scratch them, ESPECIALLY if they have coatings/color correction. Here is a good info link on how to do it right:

http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/learn...theoptics.html

Although that you note that things look hazy is a little odd.

I'm not familiar with that PJ, and i don't know how similar it is to the pro-900, so i can't really help you beyond that.