What's new

Projector under $1000 (1 Viewer)

brac

Agent
OK here is the thing I have been reading all I can find, and have decided to build my HT the space will be a 16 x 16 area built in my basement. How do you decide how big a screen is big enough and I could really use a point in the right direction on projectors. i hear alot about the infocus and the 4805 can be had for around $800 but am I looking at the right thing or am I way off base....
Thanks
Brac

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Brac,
I had no experience with projectors and live in the middle of no where KY. I could not preview anything but presentation projectors. After reading all the positive posts and reviews on the 4805, I purchased one sight unseen. I am still amazed at the picture. You will not be disappointed. :emoji_thumbsup:
Infocus has a screen size calculator that you can download from their website. I currently have about 102" screen and the seating is about 13' from it. From what I read the general rule of thumb is seating should be 1.5 - 2 times back compared to the width of the screen. It can be different due to personnel preferences.

As big as you can get! :D
Dave

frankinG

Stunt Coordinator
Optomas H27 is also in your price range and has some substantial PQ improvements over the 4805. I am not saying it is better over all than the 4805 but just another option in your price catagory.

As for screen size, the 2x rule with most 480p projectors is standard. Screens less than 92" will allow 1.5x viewing distances. I have written numerous posts on this topic and you can PM me if you need detailed explanations.

Drobbins and I share the same notion that too big is really never big enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks