Projector to Complete my Room?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Chris Ramirez, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Chris Ramirez

Hi I am nearly finished setting up my 13x15 sized room with 5 Energy C-3s an SVS Ultra(im replacing it with an IB but i cant figure out how to EQ out the peaks, my post about this is in the speakers and subwoofers forum.) I currently have a 36inch Sony Wega tv and it doesnt have progressive scan or HDTV of anything like that. I am interested in implementing a rear projector type device in the back of the room (on the ceiling or a stand?)and putting up a screen in the front. What kind of projector would be appropriate for this setup? Im thinking a price of around $1000(im not against used).
    I would use it for movies video games and TV(just about anything). I would sit approximately in the middle of the room and or a bit further back. What size screen would be recommended for my situation? hopefully not too big or too small. Also, this projector should be able to accept 1080i 720P and 480P and must have a component video input for starters. Does any special consideration be needed for widescreen? I sure hope this projector will be able to withstand a bit of day-light for starters, I hope it doesnt need complete darkness. Any reccomendations would be appreciated. to all you experts Thanks, or i would have never appreciated good sound at all, -Chris- P.S. I will try to put up some pictures of my present setup, i have a digital camera but a crappy computer.

2. Chris Ramirez

Ive been reading about the Sanyo PLV-Z2 I wonder if this would be appropriate consideration? I would want it to display 4:3 and 16X9 aspect ratio. Is there anything i should know about screens? I shoul,d have thought of that in the first place, would i attatch it one to the wall or have a stand?

3. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

I have the Z1. It is 16:9 native but does 4:3(just have side bars).
    Screens - alot of people make there own with wood and Blackout cloth and leave it or paint it.
    I just used my wall and painted it and put a black border around it.
    Works great and people are amazed by it.

4. Chris Ramirez

, hhmmn, Id rather not paint, is there any kind of cloth that could be recommended to me?? I would hope an appropriate cloth isnt that expensive

5. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph