What's new

Projector system without cables running to the other side of the room? (1 Viewer)

bobovic

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Turner
Hi
We just moved and I left my Anthony Gallo system with our last house. Where I now want to set up our projector it would be very inconvenient to run cables to the front (screen) side of the room. I see lots of HTiB and other systems with wireless back speakers but nothing with wireless front - or are there now systems with back only that with acceptable performance? Is there a (hopefully reasonably priced) solution to this? I've trolled the forums but not seen this addressed.
Thanks for your help.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Wireless has many issues...
1. It isn't really wireless
2. most "wireless systems" only work well with full line level(no matter what they try to tell you)
3. interference comes from everything; microwave, baby monitors, cell phones, cordless phones...

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
To elaborate on Sams point #1 above, using Panasonic as an example, their wireless rear channels, have a box that you have to plug into an outlet and then you run the speaker wire from your "wireless" surround speakers to this box. Great solution for a renter, but not really wireless. Could you maybe just set everything up in the front and use wireless HDMI to the projector?

bobovic

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Turner
Thanks for the quick help, last time I looked wireless HDMI was really unimpressive, thanks for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks