What's new

Projector suggestions under $1200. Shelf?? (1 Viewer)

59svj

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Looking for suggestions for a mid size small room. I only use it for streaming not games. Movies, Sports, ect...

Also, looking for Shelf suggestions to put on rear wall. No ceiling mount

Thank you!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've had two Optoma projectors over the past 15 years or so that cost in the $500-700 range, and have loved both of them. I don't do a lot of streaming with the projector, but have watched a few films projected via Netflix and Amazon and some sporting events over HD cable and they've all looked good.

Don't have any suggestions about wall-mounted shelving. Mine sits on a small table. Projected distance in my room is about 12 feet.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Most of these projectors are pretty lightweight. When it comes to shelving, a simple flat shelf screwed into a couple of wall mounted brackets should get the job done.

59svj

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Most of these projectors are pretty lightweight. When it comes to shelving, a simple flat shelf screwed into a couple of wall mounted brackets should get the job done.
Thanks! What projector do you have out of curiosity.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Are you looking for 4K or 1080P. If the latter would suffice I have a Panasonic PT-AE8000 sitting in storage. I would sell it for $500.00 plus shipping. PM me if interested.

59svj

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Are you looking for 4K or 1080P. If the latter would suffice I have a Panasonic PT-AE8000 sitting in storage. I would sell it for $500.00 plus shipping. PM me if interested.

hmmm...interesting I'll have to read up on it. For what I will be using it for in a darker room, might be good. Need more info on it though please. Thanks!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
hmmm...interesting I'll have to read up on it. For what I will be using it for in a darker room, might be good. Need more info on it though please. Thanks!

I'll PM you some additional info.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
have you looked into the used market? i bought myself an optoma 25e with low hrs for under $200, i'd look into it. everyone's jettisoning large projectors in favor of direct displays.... so it's a good time to look into the used market.

i'm even thinking of getting a separate one for 4:3 content lolz anywho, worth it just to save $!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks