projector stands?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by LouAR, Feb 27, 2004.

1. LouAR

LouAR Stunt Coordinator

I hope someone else has wrestled with this issue. Projector will not be permanently installed, only come out for use (mostly DVD). Ideally, I want a projection height of about 60". I have been looking for stands and even considering building something.

One thing I found on the net: http://store.yahoo.com/madisonartshop/arprflst.html It looks like it would work nicely but I can't get past the feeling that I am missing something. Any ideas??

Thanks,
    ~ Lou ~

2. Shawn Keeler

Shawn Keeler Stunt Coordinator

When you say "not permanently installed", do you mean that you are going to set it up and take it down each time, or something in a rack that can be easily taken down if you absolutely had to?

3. LouAR

LouAR Stunt Coordinator

Hi Shawn,
    The projector will only come out for use. When not in use, it will be in a closet. So the stand needs to be relatively light and easy to move yet sturdy enough to confidently hold the projector (just under 8 lbs.).

Thanks for trying to help. I hope you have a creative idea.
    ~ Lou ~

4. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Some projectors have those threaded holes like in cameras so
    a tripod might be something u can look into. If not, u can easily fabricate a "shelf" for it to hook up to the tripod. Of course, u have to have one of those professional types. It should work though, and u'll also have plenty of flexibility with regards to adjustments.

5. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Cinematographer

6. LouAR

LouAR Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Eric,
    I thought about the tri-pod idea. While the projector does not accommodate a tri-pod, your modification would be an interesting idea. Unfortunately, I would need a very big sturdy tri-pod to reach the 60" I want and safely hold the 8 lbs. proj.

Joseph,
    Thanks for your input too. I looked at those and they are my number two choice. They are a bit more money and the 56" model is close to my desired 60".

So far, the model I linked http://store.yahoo.com/madisonartshop/arprflst.html is still my front runner.

Thanks again all. Still open to ideas if anyone thinks of any reason not to go with the Artograph Projector Floor Stand.
    ~ Lou ~ [​IMG]FP - WOW!!![​IMG]

7. BradD

BradD Stunt Coordinator

Lou - do you know if the stand in your link will accommodate most projectors, specifically the HS20?

8. LouAR

LouAR Stunt Coordinator

Hi Brad,
    I only know what I read over the net and that is pretty much what is shown in that link. The stand is designed to accommodate the Artgograph prism projector. The description on the linked site is directly quoted from Artograph:
    Artograph has an 8 Lbs. prism projector so I assume it will hold my 8 Lbs. Hitachi. I am a bit concerned that the "custom cut holes" may line up with the legs of my projector but won't know until I get one. If that is a problem, I will probably get a piece of sheet metal to place under the projector or consider one of the Dalite stands.
    Hope this is helpful.
    ~ Lou ~ [​IMG] FP-WOW!! [​IMG]