Projector Selection Assistance Needed! :-)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frank Rizzo, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo Auditioning

I need some help selecting a projector that will best suit my application.. I am going to be using it in my home theater to view DVDs & some Television.. I am also looking to setup a wide screen.. The room that is going to be my theater is in the basement and is very dark.. I am looking to stay in the $1,000 - $2,000 price range...

Thanks!

Rizzo

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    If you are watching TV (4x3 I assume) then do you mind the black bars on the sides of the 4x3 image. You mentioned you want to set up a widescreen. If this is the case then you will want a 16x9 projector to go with that 16x9 screen.
    In that pricerange, I can onlythink of the Panasonic Home PT-AE100 which you may be able to find used. You may actually have to also consider a native 4x3 projector (which most are) and a 4x3 screen since most of the projectors with native 16x9 panels are >$2000.

3. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

With that budget, I'd personally consider something like the NEC LT154 (XGA native, 900 ansi lumens, >400:1 contrast, LCD), or go with a good used projector.