What's new

Projector Screen Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Vin_G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
I am not too interested in paying $2,000 plus just for a screen. I saw some screen material on Ebay that is acoustically transparent, so I can place my speakers behind. The material is about $160 and you would have to build an outer frame to stretch it over.

Do you guys think this will work or should I mount a screen on the wall behind the speakers and pay more?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
"$2,000 plus just for a screen?" I think you're exaggerating a little bit there. But I do agree screens are pretty expensive, that's why I painted my own for about $40. I used a sheet of 1/2" Medium Density Fiberboard. There's no telling what that material on Ebay is. I would not risk it.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys
you can easily spend 2K on a screen, and much more if you want 2.35 auto masking / cinecurve etc.
You get what you pay for.
Gregg

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim

I'm sure you CAN spend that much. You can also spend $100,000 for a car, if you get my point. But my point was that Vin made it sound like $2000 was the minimum for a screen. Not the case.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
im not sure I agree with the car analogy.

the poster is comparing $160 in material with $2K for a screen, there will be a huge difference.

Rex.G

Stunt Coordinator
if you live west of the rockies, try a do-able board from home depot. 100" screen for $28

$15 for the board
$13 for border & paint
you need to provide tools and DIY ingenuity

the results imho are spectacular!

Vin_G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
Ok guys I bought the Acoustically transparent screen material and will be giving it a try in about a month time-frame. I really like the idea of hiding the speakers. Just in case it does not look good I wired my outlets in a way that I can put a regular projection screen on the front wall and the center channel will be out of the way, close to the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Embrywool
Recent bookmarks