What's new

Projector Screen & Projector Position (1 Viewer)

Mike Ne

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Neagle
I would like to get everyone’s opinion on my HT layout. In particular I am concerned about the placement of the projector. If you look at the layout it is located above the French doors at the back of the room. The doors are 8 feet tall and I have a 10 foot ceiling so I was going to put up a shelf for it to sit on. This would put the throw distance at about 18.5 feet. I plan on using a Panasonic AE900U. I was looking at a 106” diagonal screen. I will probably have to go with a high gain due to the distance. I plan on running all the cabling to the PJ from the front shelving through the ceiling and out at the back of the room behind the PJ. The seating postion is going to be about 10 feet.

Does this setup look like it will work without using too much correction from the PJ. The forward wall is 10 feet high. I was going to put the bottom of the screen 3 feet from the floor. The screen is 52” high. This would leave me with 32” from the top of the screen to the ceiling. Would this screen position work with the PJ mounted on the shelf above the doors?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...chmentid=60766

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
You shouldn't need to use keystone correction because you'll be using the lens shift instead. You just need to check the range of the lens shift to make sure the projector won't be too high. Have you considered putting the components in the rear of the room?

Mike Ne

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Neagle

A few others have mentioned moving my equipment to the rear of the room and I am currntly looking at a way to get that done.

Also, some seem to be concerned about the PJ being to high and not throwing an image that low.
One option is to move the shelves the the rear of the room and go withg a bigger screen which would make the screen taller and then I would be able to not use as much lens shift...

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The advantages to having your components in the rear are: 1)You can use much shorter cables and 2) all the lights on components can be distracting while you're using the projector. Even if you can't put the components on the rear wall, anywhere behind the seating area on one of the side walls would be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks