Projector Screen Help

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Steven_J, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Steven_J

Steven_J Auditioning

I've decided to go with an InFocus X2 DLP projector and i've been racking my brain ever since trying to decide the type of screen I need.

At the distance the projector will be to the wall (8ft) i'm going to have a screen size of:
    Diagonal: 63"
    Height: 38"
    Width: 50"
    I can put the projector at another angle where it would be 16ft away and I could get a much larger screen, but I wouldn't be happy with that position, and the screen would most likely cost too much.

I will be watching both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. With this and the dimensions of my screen size, does anyone have any suggestions? I've been looking at drapers, da-lites everything, and they have tons of different sizes, types whether HDTV, or something like that i'm not sure what I need for what I want to do. Please help. Thank you.

-steve-

ps: I know i've been making these large posts with alot of cliche, over-asked questions, but i've been looking everywhere I can and i'm still somewhat at a loss.

2. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

www.carada.com

David over at Carada was very helpful recently when I purchased my screen. I would highly recommend them and they are also a Home Theater Forum sponsor!

Paul

3. Steven_J

Steven_J Auditioning

Thank you very much for that site. After looking for a while I think the Carada Precision Series 1.78:1, 64" would be perfect for my needs. Thank you very much again.

-steve-