What's new

Projector replacement deliema (1 Viewer)

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys,

I have a Optoma HD20 that was recently fried by lightning. I want to replace it with something in the sub $1000 range preferably around $600, The problem I've run into is that a lot of the new projectors I found are short throw vs the longer throw of the HD20. I don't want to relocate my projector's ceiling mount as there is a ceiling fan between the screen and the current location. So I need to find a projector with the same throw distance as the HD20. I looked on projector central database and didn't really see a lot of options. Do any of you have suggestions of a current projector (maybe noe not in the database) that I could get to make this work? Is there a lens that can be addded to short throw projectors that is affordable that would change the throw distance? Any help is appreciated.

I'm not opposed to buying used. I did purchase a used Optoma HD33 on eBay. Unfortunately it didn't work as the user claimed and I am in the process of sending it back. My plan is to try buying another used HD33 unless I get a better suggestions from you smart guys =).

I might also add, that I would like to step up to 3D and that I'm good with 1080P.

Thanks,

Frank

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Oh sorry. I have a 100" screen. The front of the projector is about 13' from the screen. The HD20 had a range of 10'11" to 13'1"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks