What's new

projector question... (1 Viewer)

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
Does anyone have any suggestions for a projector that can throw at least 90" at 13' max?

The room length is 13' so the pj would probably have to be mounted 12' to 12.5' back.

I like the 4805 but at that distance I can only get 84" according to projector central

I'm looking to spend no more than 2K so even HD is possible. I'm unfortunately limited by space (and of course anything over 2 grand!):D

Thanks in advance!

Shane Harg

Second Unit
The Panasonic AE900 can throw a 100" picture from 10 feet away, and is probably the most versatile projector on the market, right now, in terms of placement. It is an LCD, yet its picture quality is comparable to any DLP in its class, it is Hi-Def capabable, AND easily available for under $2000.

DaveD'

Stunt Coordinator
I have the AE900(U) projector and love it. I got mine for about $1950 after (3 day) shipping online. I think the deal for a $400 mail in rebate and $300 Blockbuster rental card is still in effect for it which makes it an awesome price/performance projector(still is without the rebates :wink: ).

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
Thanks!

But what am I doing wrong? On the calculator page it says the pj has to be 20.2 feet back in order to achieve 100".

The best I can do at 12.5 feet back is 62" according to projector central.

timNGY

Stunt Coordinator
Joel,

By plugging in a 100" diagonal screen on the calculator, you are correct that the maximum distance the projector can be put at is 20.2 feet. But you need to look at the Throw Distance ruler and it states the minimum distance is 10.1 feet. So if you mount anywhere between 10.1-20.2 feet you are fine. Just try to stay away from the extremes. At 12-12.5 mounting distance you should be fine.

BTW, I also have the Panasonic PT-AE900U projector and loving it. I'm throwing the beautiful picture onto a 118" screen, with projector mounted at 17feet. Good Luck and welcome to the "big screen".

timNGY

Stunt Coordinator
If you are still deciding on screens, I would highly recommend Carada Brilliant White, it's a 1.4 gain screen and is top quality.

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
Ahhh...That's excellent! Thanks timNGY.:emoji_thumbsup:

I feel a little :b but hey, just goes to show, there's no stupid questions...just stupid people, right!

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks