projector question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by DougM, Nov 28, 2003.

1. DougM

DougM Auditioning

Hi everyone,
    Im new to this forum and am in the middle of building my first "real" home theater. My room is on the small side. 11ft wide by 18ft long. I was going to post a picture but I cant because this is my first post. The screen will cover the only window in the room. It's going to be nice and dim down there even during the brightest of days. Im thinking of getting the Sanyo PLV-70. Would this be a good choice or is it an overkill in such a small dark room?

Thanks in advance,

-Doug

2. Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley Second Unit

Hi Doug. Congrats on building you ht! You'll love it when its done. I have a similar sized room and projector. My room is 14x25 and I have a Sanyo PLV-60ht,which the PLV70 replaced.I don't think its too bright for the room size and the picture quality is outstanding.It does however have a short throw distance, which means it should be mounted about 12 ft back from the screen.I'm sure the PLV70 has the same requirements. But as far as being too much for your size room, I don't think it will be. Good luck!

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    You may be able to accomodate a 110" 16x9 screen in your room (width of the room being the first limitation) as long as you have room for the front speakers. A screen of that size will be a nice match with that projector.