Projector Problems

Discussion in 'Displays' started by craigSwenson, Jul 13, 2005.

1. craigSwenson

craigSwenson Auditioning

I just recently bought a projector at a surplus sale. I bought it from a university and they used the 5 bnc connections for all of their purposes. The projector has s-video and rca, but neither are enabled (and I don't have access to the drivers to enable tham). So far I've been using my laptop as a dvd player using a vga to 5bnc cable. I want to be able to connect my dvdplayer/vcr to the projector but haven't been able to do it yet. Is it possible to convert from 3 rca component video to the 5bnc in order to connect the projector to the dvd player? (without spending several hundred dollars on a transcoder...).
    Thanks for any help.

2. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

Component to RGB is not a 'simple' conversion. Splitting out the sync is also not terribly easy.

There are other options, possibly. You may be able to get an additional 'input card.' You should also be able to get into enable the other connections from the on-projector controls. Sometimes the menus are obtuse, but keep trying.

Barring those, get a transcoder, or perhaps better yet, a good scaler.

Leo

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Using a PC is a better source than a player anyway, so it's probably best to go that route. Is this a CRT or a fixed-pixel projector?

4. chuckg

chuckg Supporting Actor

What projector is it?

I've never seen inputs "disabled" in a way that requires something special to unlock them.....