What's new

Projector problem (1 Viewer)

AndyGas

Grip
To cut a long story short - got a Litepro 580 off ebay a few years back. Projector was fine apart from when ceiling mounted and image flipped horizontally:- There was a line about half way down the projected image where the picture would go out of sync when there was left to right movement (ie: the bottom half drags slightly behind the top half if you know what I mean)

Anyway, decided to get another cheap litepro off ebay a few months back (only cost £199 and the Lamp seems to be nearly new - very bright image) but this projector has exactly the same dragging fault in upside down mode!! Blanket fault on all litepro 580's perhaps?

What I want to know (before I try and build a mount that will ceiling mount the projector the right way up) is if there is anything I can buy or make that will flip a composite signal horizontally allowing me to keep the projector mounted upside down but allow me to project an image in normal mode (which works perfect) but the right way up? I am using a composite video cable between my VCR and Projector. Failing that, has anyone had a projector with a similar problem and managed to fix it? If so, what did you do?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

TIA :)

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
there should be a menu option to allow the image to be flipped by the projector - that is, it should be able to operate in 'table top' or 'ceiling mount' mode, and possibly either front or rear projection; these are fairly common options for projectors, even from the bad old days of ratty CRT projectors.

Leo Kerr

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Leo,

That's what he's using now.

Hello Andy,

Welcome to the forum!
It looks like a glitch, but it's a bit funny that both projectors have it. If you put it on the table and flip the image (upside down now), does it have the same error? If it doesn't, there's something wrong related to the position of the projector. If it does, it's the logic.
Is it also there if you use a component signal (RGB or S-Video)?

(I'm not aware of a plug-in image "mirrorer" and mounting it to the ceiling in the normal position may render it's own problems, depending on the shift and key-stone options of the projector.)

Cees

AndyGas

Grip
Thanks for the replies..

Cees,

If I place the projector on a table and flip the image the problem is still there so it's not something related to where the projector is positioned - As you say, I think that it is something to do with the logic board in the projector but to buy two with the same fault I must be VERY unlucky right?

With regards to using a component signal... No, I've not tried that yet. By rgb I assume you mean a scart? The 580 has connectors for S-Video, Composite (ie: The phono plug type) and there's also a connector for a PC. I will try using the S-Video connector tonight to see if that solves the problem. The only downside I'd have there is that the equipment I'm using to send a signal to the projector is on the side of the room where the projector screen is and I've read that S-Video cables aren't really designed for running signals over long distances as the signal quality deteriorates - Is this true and if so, what is the recommended length of cable? I have a cable about 2 meters long to test but I'd need at least a 10 or 15 meter cable to reach from DVD to projector.

Cheers,

Andy. :)

KirkP

Agent
Hi Andy,

It is entirely possible to have 2 projectors with the same flaw, it'd be interesting to check the manufacturing dates of each to see if they were built around the same time. They may both be using a video board that was manufactured with this flaw. I'm curious if s-video will produce the same results. It should give you a better looking picture and you shouldn't have any problems running a 10m to 15m s-video connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks