What's new

Projector poll (well at least feed back) (1 Viewer)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
I have a 4805 and love it and recommend it VERY highly to anyone.......almost......For you I would recommend the Z3 (I feel almost dirty saying that ;) ). With the 4805 you are going to get better blacks and it is practicaly callibrated out of the box. But for the way you want to set up your theater I think the Z3 is perfect. The lens shift option on the Z3 bests the Panasonic and from REAL reviews (not projector central) the Z3 has bested the AE700 when it comes to picture quality as well. I think the reason why you see the Z3 for cheaper than the 700 is that the 700 has a VERY nice lens (large zoom range)...but you don't need it.
From where you are going to be sitting I think the Z3 will be perfect as you can sit closer. I do not recommend the 4805 for bigger screens than 92". You need to sit far back over that and than it becomes very difficult for seating options. If you want to do HD.....the 4805 will display HD....the Z3 WILL be HD. People say that you won't see a difference when sitting further back (which is true).....but in your case you really do not want to sit far back so that arguement is moot.
If you told me you were going to have a 90" screen and will sit 13' back then I would say get the 4805 and don't look back.....but from what you explain.....I don't think it is the best option. Best of luck to you.

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Evan M., thats the most helpful reply I think I have had altogeather. I will try for the Z3 and if it does not work out Ill get the 4805.

:)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
I am glad I could help. Just remember.....no matter what you get you WILL be blown away and will wonder why you didn't do it sooner and why sooooo few people really give FP a shot LOL ;).

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
You can see some Panny 500 screen shots on my site, The 700 is slightly better than the 500!

Wes

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
Man its a tuff call, I found a good deal for both projectors on line, I guess if I can get them for about the same price I should still go for the Z3? Any last bits of advice?

Mike

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Just make sure Mike that the places you found them are authorized dealers. To check either go on the companys websites and check or call the manufactor. If you have a problem with the projector and it is froma non-authorized dealer it will not be covered under waranty and often times you are stuck.
I really think you can't go wrong with either (I am guessing we are still talking 4805 or Z3??). I still think though that for your situation you will really have better flexibility with the Z3. I think right now the three projectors that offer the best bang for the buck is the 4805, Z3 and AE700. They also happen to be the most popular.......and that is not a coincidence ;). Best of luck to you and let us know what you decide on.

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
I cant seem to locate a authorized dealers list for these guys. Also I just found a even better deal on the 700U but its for a referb with a 90 day warranty and they offer extended warranty as well. ( 1499.00 ) You think that is a good deal? And I will hold off on the Z3 till I find out if its going to be covered....... Any thoughts on where the lists are? I looked but no luck.

brikel ectronics for the new 700U
and the Z3 is an ebay deal so I don't know about that?
Follow up on these guys:

You asked:
"Are you an authorised seller for Panasonic? I just heard that if ou are not then they will not do any warranty work at all. Let me know Mike"

Mike, yes we are an authorized Panasonic reseller and you will not have any problem with fixing it under warranty. Regards, Elina

let me know and thanks for guidance.
mike

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
I can get the 700U for 1600.00 and I can get the Z3 for 1500.00. With that in mind which one do you feel is the best deal? I will make my decision tomorrow and I hope to order by the end of the week.

:)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Well, if you can get the 700 from an authorized dealer and it is BRAND NEW (not a refurb) for 1600$ than I would jump all over it because you got pretty close to the deal of a century!! :). My friend has a 700 and it is a very impressive machine. The colors are great and the lens is fantastic. It is also built like a small tank. Best of luck to you.

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
I think Im sold on the 700U. They are offering me a extended warranty ( 2 year ) for 99.00, if this one of those worthless add ons or is it a good idea? its Mack Extended coverage. I listed the link in another thread.

They do cod shipments so if all goes well Ill have it first - mid of next week, (of corse the theater room is still not done but at least I can run my lines and get the projector in)

Thnx Guys
Mike

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
OK Last question for you guys if anyone has the time to offer there advice....

I can get a panasonic direct referb for 1550.00 shipped ( has 1 year parts and 90 day lamp)

I can get a seconds unit (seems like its also a referb) shipped for 1625.00 only has the 90 day lamp warranty.

I can get a brand new Imported unit for 1728.00 shipped which comes with normal warranty and parts. (I am told its no different than getting a new one here in USA)

Any help would be cool. I figure Ill give myself till Friday to decide for sure so I don't make any hasty decisions. The cheaper the better cause I still need ceiling mount and cables. But the prices are close.

Mike

Mike Roosa

Auditioning
MikeMon,
Did you make this purchase yet? I just ordered the Panasonic last week and got it brand new for $1840. With the $200 rebate that puts cost at $1640 plus $35 shipping.

I just got it in last night and hooked it up and was blown away by the picture quality. I just sat it on my coffee table and projected it on a blank wall. No color adjustments or anything.

I can't wait to get my screen and set this bad boy up. I have nothing else to compare it to as far as projectors go, but I'm certainly happy with the purchase so far.

Only problem is I think the rebate ended on 5/31.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks